In addition GenR8 offers other activities directly to schools as well as providing support and encouragement to churches in their work with schools and primary age children.
- To present the Christian faith to primary school age children in partnership with local churches and Christian volunteers.
- To work in partnership with local schools to promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
- To communicate Christian values and themes with integrity and sensitivity
- To present a positive image of the Christian faith and the Bible.
- To equip, inspire and enthuse children’s leaders, local Christian volunteers and churches in their work with children and schools.
- Creativity – We aim to communicate creatively in a fun, lively and educational way.
- Faith – All within GenR8 share a common Christian faith that is central to all that we do.
- Good Practice – GenR8 aims to implement and communicate good practice throughout its administration, procedures and face-to-face work.
- Hope – We aim to present the Christian faith and the hope it can bring.
- Integrity – We aim to have integrity, striving for openness and truthfulness in every aspect of our work.
- Partnership – Working with and between churches, schools and other relevant organisations in order to work towards common goals.
- Respect – We recognise the worth and creativity of each individual, of all faiths and none. We believe in the importance of demonstrating this by caring for and valuing one another.
- Service – We recognise the value of serving God and others, using each individual’s gifts and talents. We strive to be good stewards of the resources that we have.
- Teamwork – Recognising the contribution of all of its staff and volunteers, we hope that being part of the GenR8 team with a shared vision brings laughter, growth, friendship and mutual support.
- Working Ecumenically – Involving Christians from different church traditions to communicate a positive message of Christians working together.
Why do we do what we do?
GenR8 wants to bring quality; creative and dynamic input into schools and churches so that:
- Every generation has the opportunity to make an informed choice about the Christian message and not write Christianity off without looking at it.
- Children see that there is a relevance to Christianity, that it can make a difference to their lives.
- Children get a positive image of the Christian faith
- Children who are already Christian feel supported in their faith.
- Children can come into and develop their friendship with God, and understand and experience that following Jesus is anything but dull and boring!